Wednesday 22 September 2010

Fatima Azzahra. (fatima.habsmin@kupang.moe.edu.bn)



From Pen friend


Dear pen pal,

My name is Fatimah Azzahra. I am a girl. I am 9 years old. I would like to write to a girl. I live in Birau. My house is near a high school. My dad’s name is Hazdmin. I’m sorry it’s hard to read. My mom’s name is Halimah. My brother’s name is Muhammad Al-Amin. My 2 little sisters’ names are Aisyah and Blqis.

I am a Muslim .Every Friday night we read the QURAN. My hobby is reading books .I sometimes read books before I go to sleep. I like to eat PIZZA and drink cola. I don’t like to drink coffee.

My school has a big canteen and a library. We start school at 7.00, we finish at 12.30 but when it’s fasting time (in Ramadan) we start at 7.30 and finish at 11.40. We study Malay, math’s, Arabic and others. My favourite subject is Malay. There are 14 pupils in class 3a. At 10 o’clock we have a break .We sing the national anthem song every morning.

When we’re fasting the evil spirits are trapped and the good spirits from the grave visit us. When we are fasting we eat at 4.30am and break our fast at about 6.00pm. During Hari Raya (the celebration after Ramadan) we wear baju kurung (a girls traditional clothes).and a baju malay (a boys traditional clothes). At Hari Raya we eat biscuit and get money from our family.

There is a place called Jerudong Park in Brunei. It is a fun park. There are merry-go-rounds, a caterpillar ride, a ship ride and others. I like to go there with my family when we have free time.

In Brunei there is a lot of green jungle and the problem is the MONKEYS!! They come into our school and steal our snacks. They sometimes hide in the toilets. I WOULD LIKE TO BE YOUR FRIEND.

From Fatimah,