Wednesday 22 September 2010

Rina. (sabarina.asmaad@kupang.moe.edu.bn)



From Pen friend


Dear Pen Pal,

My name is Rina. I am a girl. I am 8 years old. I live on a road called Jalan Keratas Payau. My house is pink. My house is big. It has 6 rooms. I live in a small village. My house is near a jungle. There are 3 people in my family. I have a mother and father. My family’s name is Mutiyen and Kudong.

I am Muslim. My hobby is karate and making cards. I like to eat ice cream and cake. I like to drink water and juice.

My school is Sekolah Kupang. The school starts at 7.00 o’clock. The school finishes at 12.30. I study Malay, geography, history, science, maths and so on. My favourite subject is English. There were 27 students in year 3 but they have just split the class. There are 14 students in my class. I have a break at 10.00 o’clock. We sing the national anthem most mornings.

Every year we fast for one month during Ramadan. I am fasting now so I can’t eat or drink between 5am to 6.30. I am looking forward to Hari Raya where we have lots of parties and eat lots of yummy food. It starts on the 10th September.

Brunei is always hot and wet. I see monkeys’ everyday. They like to come to our school and steal the children’s snacks. There is jungle all around us. There are many plants. It is a beautiful country.

I want to be your friend.
From Rina