Wednesday 22 September 2010

Nurliyana. (nurliyana.hamjah@kupang.moe.edu.bn)



Dear Pen Pal,
My name is Nurliyana. I am nine years old. I live in Brunei. I am a girl. I would like to write to a girl.
I live in a village called Kupang. I live in a long, small house. It has 2 bedrooms. I live in a small village. There is a mosque, school and shop in the village. There is jungle all around us.
There are 4 people in my family. I have one sister. I have no brothers. My sister’s name is Nur Hafizah.
I am Muslim. I go to the mosque every Friday. We are called to pray 5 times a day. I go to the school every day. Friday and Sunday are our weekend days off school. My hobbies are collecting toys. I like to play with my toys. I sometimes play after school.
I like to eat fish and rice. I like to drink milo. I don’t like to eat pork. I don’t like to drink sour juices.
I start school at 7.00 and finish at 12.30. I have break at 10.00. My favourite subject is English. There are 14 children in my class. We usually start the day with a flag ceremony and sing the national anthem. During Hari Raya we have fun because we can meet and play with our cousins.
Brunei is very hot al the time. There is jungle all around us. We see monkeys and lizards every day. It rains a lot so it is very green.
From Nurliyana